Dental veneers are a wonderful option to enhance and improve the look of a marred smile. The most popular type of veneers utilize thin shells of porcelain that are placed over the front of your teeth to mask imperfections such as stains, chips, or misalignment.
Before you decide if dental veneers are the right option for you, there are several questions you should pose to your cosmetic dentist:
- Am I a good candidate for dental veneers?
- What kind of training do you have in placing veneers?
- How much experience do you have placing veneers and can you provide examples of your previous work?
- Are you able to create a mock-up of what my veneers will look like?
- How will the color of my veneers be selected?
- What is the length of time from the start of treatment until my veneers are placed?
- How much will my natural teeth need to be altered before placing my veneers?
- Can you explain the process of placing the veneers?
- What kind of aftercare will my veneers require?
- Are there any kinds of foods or beverages I will need to avoid once my veneers are placed?
- How long can veneers be expected to last?
- What will happen if I need to have my veneers removed sometime in the future?
A qualified cosmetic dentist should be able to answer these questions to your satisfaction, so you do not experience any unwelcome surprises throughout the process of placing your dental veneers. If you are unhappy with your smile and think dental veneers may be the solution to your problem, contact a cosmetic dental professional to find out more about how placing veneers can give you a more perfect smile.
Schedule your appointment at our Conyers dental office