The role of cosmetic dentistry is mainly to improve a patient’s appearance through innovative techniques that can transform the smile. However, cosmetic dentists can also provide solutions to improve overall health. Good health and good looks go hand-in-hand sometimes when it comes to cosmetic dentistry.
Most patients turn to cosmetic dentists with the goal of correcting an embarrassing smile. Sometimes an accident or trauma has resulted in a defective smile that can be repaired with cosmetic dental procedures. Or, issues from birth and how a person’s mouth has naturally developed may warrant correction. Other patients have medical conditions that have contributed to less than perfect oral health or smile appearance. Additionally, bad habits like smoking or chewing on hard objects has led to unsightly teeth. Whatever the reason, cosmetic dentistry can help.
There are a wide variety of treatment options available today, with more and more being offered all the time as technology advances. Here are some popular choices:
- Veneers are extremely thin porcelain or resin shells that are bonded to the fronts of teeth to hide flaws. They are long-lasting and instantly improve smiles, also having the effect of improving self-esteem.
- Teeth whitening removes stains and discolorations to brighten smiles multiple shades in as little as just one hour.
- Bonding involves painlessly applying tooth-colored composite resin to repair damaged teeth, such as chips, fractures or gaps. It can usually be performed in a single office visit.
- Dental implants are surgically inserted titanium rods that go directly into the jaw to replace missing teeth, with a crown placed on top to complete the restoration. They provide a secure, permanent, and natural-looking smile repair. Implants also improve health by stimulating bones to avoid bone loss that often accompanies missing teeth.
- Contouring removes small amounts of tooth enamel to eliminate minor flaws on the tooth surface. This helps get rid of places where plaque may accumulate, which improves overall oral health as well.
Qualified cosmetic dentists can guide patients through just one simple procedure or a list of procedures that can benefit patients in many ways.
Schedule your appointment at our Conyers dental office